CardDroid Math Release History
- Bug fixes – Doodle Color Scheme crash, better relaunch experience, several more bug fixes
- Multiple player profiles: There’s now an easy interface that helps you keep reports and settings up to four kids at no extra charge (tell your friends!)
- “Learning Mode” makes the app work much better for kids who are learning math facts for the first time. “Quiz Mode” turns those options off to make conditions more like they might be in a school quiz or time test. Learning Mode features:
- Reload Missed Cards
- Hide Choices
- Added support for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
We’ve been listening to your suggestions and have added or improved many things in version 3.0. Here’s a list:
- 10 Common Core Standards Included – Tap the new “CC” button on the “Built-In Problem Sets” screen to choose a “Common Core” standard. These standards are being adopted in a number of U.S. States.
- New “Doodle” color scheme will be unlocked after one hour of active math practice.
- “Within” Problem Sets –“Addition within 20” means all addition problems whose answers are 20 or smaller.
- Horizontal problem layout – If your child uses horizontal “number sentences” in their schoolwork, select this in the settings. The original vertical flash card layout is still used by default.
- New and Improved Reward Microgames – There’s a new flying saucer micro-game in the Nebula color scheme and the balloon and fireworks prefect problem set rewards feel more like games now. Also, the prefect-game animations now stop after a period of time and must be re-earned with more practice.
- New modern color scheme for all setting and report screens.
- Improved “next” and “done” Button Positioning – To reduce accidental exits at the end of a problem set, we’ve moved the buttons so they don’t appear in the same place.
- “Doubles plus one” problem sets
- New reports section (tap the notepad icon) for activity and performance tracking
- Better multiple choice answers for “doubles” problem sets
- Lots more built-in problem sets
- 40-question problem sets (by request)
- Better performance on high-definition screens
- New rewards for perfect scores – you get tappable balloons or fireworks depending on the color scheme
- Fixed the settings box layout on “extra large” screens in portrait rotation
- Added 60 and 100 question quizzes
- Fixed some bugs in time limits
- Improved “load recent problem set” functioning
- Improved user interface on the “customize problem set” screen
- Fixed subtraction number range setting (used to use the high number from the first range for both ranges, ignoring the top of the second number range)
- Simpler launcher icon
- New icon and start screen
- SD Card installation support
- Card and star animations
- Colored buttons
- Six new color schemes
- Two new sound sets (electric guitar and â€œcastleâ€ â€“ harp arpeggios and synth brass)
- Customizable problem sets
- Recently-used drills support and saved custom drills support
- â€œDoubles Modeâ€ for practicing the diagonal in addition or multiplication tables (1+1, 2+2, 5×5, 6×6…)
- Added new black-on-yellow â€œgetting startedâ€ user prompts
- Completely new settings user interface
- Changed â€œAboutâ€ to â€œHelpâ€
- Added zoom and back button to web view
- Fixed â€œtime limit on without timer shownâ€ crash bug
- Added support for emailing logs and backtraces in the event of crashes.
- Early version of per-user structures in database (no selection logic yet)
- Fixed reordering buttons problem
- Dropped small screen support
- New configurable time limitsÂ -Â work on speed for fun or for school math standards tests â€“ the timer ticks down until time is up (indicated by kidsâ€™ voices or a new tone when sound is enabled)
- Better displays on large screens and small screens
- New rainbow reward for perfect scores
- Small bug fixes
- CardDroid Math now works on small screens, large screens, and extra-large screens (including tablets like the Motorola XOOM).Â The graphics are cleaned up on higher resolution screens.Â We also fixed a few bugs while we were at it.
- Laid the groundwork for new features in the future.
- Fixed a bug that kept the timer running between games when you ran a game with it on then turned it off and immediately played another game.
- Added a game timer & a new setting to enable it
- Changed â€œeasyâ€ level from 0-6 to 0-5 so kids can count on their fingers
- Fixed back button behavior to return to the main screen from a game
- Stopped repeat plays of perfect score cheer if you rotate the phone
- Fixed email links in the about window
- Added new version message code
- Initial Release